Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michele 10 posts 90 karma points
    Sep 25, 2017 @ 11:56
    Michele

Umbraco app pool restart and locked Examine files

Hi, I have an Umbraco instance on premises that I deploy on different environments using Octopus Deploy. The content is quite limited, just a few pages, at least in the dev/integration enviroment.

The procedure is quite straightforward:

• stop the application pool
    • deploy the files
    • restart the application pool

The first step is always taking about 1 minute. It's the same if I don't use Octopus deploy and stop the app pool manually. After making sure that the App Pool is in "stopped" state, restarting it is almost immediate.

Frequently, though, if I try to access the Developer tab in the backoffice after a restart, I can see the Examine index files are locked and I am not able to remove the lock without an IISReset, which is not ideal in a production environment where other App Pools are running.

I somewhat think that the two things are connected (the App Pool doesn't stop gracefully perhaps so the locks are maintained), but I've been googling for 2 days now and I can't find any useful info.

I could live with the AppPool problem, but the Examine files getting locked is really annoying and it should not happen.

Any idea/pointer/help to understand what's going on? Thanks, M

• sd75 31 posts 144 karma points
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 11:59
    sd75

Any luck with this Michele - I have a similar problem but where the examine index files have been partially deleted (by stupid me!)

So I get similar error when I go into the developer tab.

System.ApplicationException: Could not create an index searcher with the supplied lucene directory ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'H:\AppData\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\WIN1\External\Index_o81.del'.

Oct 04, 2017 @ 12:14
    Michele

Nope, no luck. I noticed a 30 seconds delay during the shutdown of services that might be the cause, although I can't understand where does that happen and why

Dec 13, 2017 @ 10:08
    Michele

Just an update to this, I found a similar issue tracked: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10735 and apparently it has been merged 15 minutes ago :-) This should solve my issue. Whenever a stable version will be released, I'll test it

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft