Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mayank Dixit 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 12:08
    Mayank Dixit

Move one document type properties to another document type with out changing the data.

Hi

I have a Home page parent document type and i want to create new document type and want to move parent document type property to new one, because homepage document type taking time to load approx 7 to 8 mins.

Is there any way to move properties without any issue and i also want to remain property value for all sites.

Thanks

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 13:54
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Mayank

The best way to share properties is inheriting and compositions, did you try compositions?

Nice article - http://letswritecode.net/articles/document-type-compositions-in-umbraco/

Thanks,

Alex

• Alan Mac Kenna 147 posts 405 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 14:39
    Alan Mac Kenna

The way I'm reading your question is that you want to move the properties and data from one node to another node of a different Document Type. If that's what you're looking to do then a way you might manage this is to right-click and choose copy on the node that contains the properties that you want to move and copy data from.

On the copied node, right-click and change the Document Type to the new Document Type that you want to morph the properties into. This will allow you to maintain the property values from the original node.

You'll then likely want to remove the properties from your original Document Type that you don't want them on anymore.

Compositions, as Alex indicated can also be a part of the answer here too.

Apologies if I've misunderstood the question!

• Alan
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft