Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phil Veloso 38 posts 251 karma points
    Oct 03, 2017 @ 11:07
    Phil Veloso

Version upgrade path from 7.3 to 7.7+

Hiya,

Quick question as this wasn't clear to me after having read the Umbraco upgrade guidelines.

Basically, I need to upgrade from version 7.3 to the latest version. Do I need to install every incremental upgrade between or can I jump to say v7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, provided I also take the version-specific guidelines into account? And if so can someone recommend an upgrade sequence.

Thanks. Phil

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 03, 2017 @ 11:38
    Kevin Jump

Hi Phil,

From umbraco 7.3 you should be able to go directly to 7.7+ as any upgrade steps that happen for any version in between will be ran as part of the upgrade.

How easy / hard this is will depend on your plugins etc. but it should be doable.

in terms of version-specific guidelines, pay particular attention to those in 7.6 as this has the biggest set of breaking changes you will need to check. specifically the useLegacyEncoding and EnablePropertyValueConverters values - because without these set correctly you won't be able to login to the back end , and all your pickers will break.

I have done a couple of v7.1/v.7.2 upgrades to v7.5/v7.6 and in general the core upgrade works fine.

If you are in any way worried about upgrades go to 7.6.x - this version has been about a bit longer, and the upgrade path is fairly well tested. you could go here check things and then go to v7.7.x.

• Phil Veloso 38 posts 251 karma points
    Oct 03, 2017 @ 11:40
    Phil Veloso

Thanks for answering my question Kevin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft