Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alan Hill 14 posts 57 karma points
    Oct 04, 2017 @ 09:13
    Alan Hill

AngularExternalLoginInfoValuesScript error in Umbraco

Hi,

I've inherited an Umbraco project with Merchello. The solution has two projects, one containing Umbraco (v.7.5.9), the other Merchello.

When attempting to run the site's back office ("/umbraco") (it builds fine with no problems) I get the error:

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<object>' does not contain a definition for 'AngularExternalLoginInfoValuesScript' and no extension method 'AngularExternalLoginInfoValuesScript' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<object>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I should add that the main site was complaining about something related to I guess some product details, hence trying to run Umbraco to get into the products DB to investigate.

I've found the few articles on here that mention that extension method, and I've tried all the normal steps:

Cleared out the "packages" and "bin" folders, made sure the reference paths all point to the files in the "packages" folder (which they do), cleaned and rebuilt and emptied app_data several times over.

So I'm now at a loss as to what could be wrong - I have no contact with the previous developer/support, so don't know if something might have been missed, but it seems a fairly standard install.

I've also noticed that most problems of this type refer to an attempted upgrade, but this isn't an upgrade that I'm attempting. We got the files from git and the DB as an export - DB connection is fine and files seem complete.

Given that the problem seems to refer to a fairly fundamental part of Umbraco, I'm struggling to identify anything that could now be wrong.

Just wondered if the community had any suggestions of what else to try to resolve the issue.

Many thanks,

Alan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft