Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AvihayBit 149 posts 303 karma points
    Oct 06, 2017 @ 09:12
    AvihayBit

New server make all Umbraco 7.x-7.6 login pages blank

Hi, I moved all my clients website to a new bigger VPS, Windows Server 2012R2 and IIS 8 and Plesk like the old server...

All websites frontend works great on the new server, but all the websites backoffice (darkgrey login - umbraco < 7.6) login pages is BLANK.

The browser pointed to enter image description here So I followed this post and after I changed web.config "compilation" element have attribute debug="true" and granted full premissions to the root folder - the login screen is showed up again but throws many errors like: "Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Macro/GetMacroResultAsHtmlForEditor"

Anyway, Its a production environment I dont want to stay with compilation debug mode...

Its seems that the new server migrate caused some permissions problem... Any one faced something similar and have a best practice solution or direction to go threw?

Thanks al lot, Avihay

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 06, 2017 @ 12:49
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Looks like it's caused by a security component added by your hosting provider. You could try disabling it: https://stackoverflow.com/a/36056018/5018

Or you could try finding out why it's giving you errors and fix the problem in the config file of the component (if possible).

• AvihayBit 149 posts 303 karma points
    Oct 06, 2017 @ 13:41
    AvihayBit

@Sebastiaan YOU ARE THE BEST!!

I searched for answer more than 20 hours! My hosting provider is a Linux expert and cant really help with windows environment, so I just tried everything I found about blank login page, UmbClientMgr and lazyload errors, but for some reason didnt try looking for the ModSecurity :(

Nice Weekend! Thanks a lot again!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft