Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• M N 125 posts 212 karma points
    Oct 06, 2017 @ 16:42
    M N

Umbraco 7.7 and Nested Content

Hey all,

I have been toying with 7.7. Was extremely excited that Nested Content was being moved to Umbraco, as our entire workflow depends on it! We barely use the traditional Umbraco custom nodes workflow anymore, everything is just content, grids, nested content. Minus business objects of course :) But even those are simply utilized by Nested Widgets.

I had a couple initial feedback / questions, which are non critical just curious -

• The binary is still separate right? I didn't really see any particulars on what to do for preexisting Nested Content setups. I still see the binary in there so I'm assuming it's not part of the Umbraco dll ?

• Any plans to fix the previously broken Property Editors?

-- Primarily the Image Cropper - The first thing I did was add an image cropper to one of our "Headers" (we have tons, sliders, parallax headers, basic dimension croppers, background videos etc).. Because right now the image cropper lives on the actual content node which is a bit confusing to clients. I immediately received a crash invalid cuid etc.. So I assume Nested Content itself hasn't really evolved yet, just moved into core? I tried the other approach suggested on Image cropper where the "Cropper" lives inside the media library, but that is even more frustrating to clients especially since you can't click the "Edit pencil" and open in a new tab. You get yanked away from the content area.

• Is there any plan to incorporate https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/doc-type-grid-editor/ into future Umbraco iterations? Not a huge deal as the existing one still works, but this single package is by far the most valuable thing in our toolset (asside from NC itself). And if you combine it with this package https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/copy-paste-grid-editors/ you can seriously build websites lightening fast and clients absolutely love the simplicity. Plus you don't end up with hundreds of nodes :)

Quick note to Lee - I think you have a solid understanding of how clients truly want to use the backend.. Your packages have turned Umbraco into a true powerhouse, and your packages clearly demonstrate that you know what will make client's lives easier, faster, and what will generate far less support concerns on the agency side.

Love your work sir, hats off.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft