Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Oct 09, 2017 @ 14:25
    Tony Lorentzen

I need to update a client website from 7.2.8 to the latest possible version without breaking anything. We also need to be able to support changes in the XSLT files within the Umbraco administration. Only package we've installed is XSLTSearch version 3.0.5. Any feedback?

• Lewis Smith 208 posts 617 karma points c-trib
    Oct 09, 2017 @ 15:28
    Lewis Smith

Hi Tony,

The package compatibility isn't helpful. My suggestion would be to take a backup of the website and database, firstly test this locally to see if this is possible.

You won't be able to just update to the latest version but https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/version-specific covers the best ways to get the website as up to date as possible.

If the package you have installed doesn't work on the later version I can recommend ezSearch. It's really easy to install and set up and has good documentation if I remember rightly.

If you need any more help let me know.

Thanks, Lewis

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 12:36
    Sebastiaan Janssen

XSLT should still work and I do believe XSLTsearch still works. EZsearch is the replacement for XSLTSearch and it has the same macro paramters, so it should be really easy to swap them out.

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 15:17
    Tony Lorentzen

Really? Tried updating another website recently that gave me all sorts of problems meaning I had to downgrade back to 7.4.3 to get XSLT working including the editor in the backoffice.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 17:15
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Tony,

If your XSLT macros use some of the EXSLT extensions, there's a package to reinstall those for v7.x ("EXSLT Redux", I think it's called).

I know editing XSLT files within the backoffice was pulled from the roadmap when all the template editors was updated recently, so you might be out of luck there?

That said, I have a site on Umbraco Cloud that was recently upgraded all the way to 7.7.2 - it's using a lot of XSLT and I can still open the files in the editor in the backoffice (though I don't edit them there).

On the other hand, if the only XSLT you're using is XSLTsearch, I'll definitely recommend replacing it with EZsearch to be future-proof.

Hope that helps,

/Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft