Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dawid 26 posts 136 karma points c-trib
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 09:52
    Dawid

[Azure] high CPU usage - Searching with Lucene to get media item by id.

Hi,

My current task is to investigate why Azure Umbraco instance is constantly using around 20-30% of the CPU. Website uses Cloudflare to do the caching of the output for 24 hours. But even when the application has 6 instances it still uses 20-30% of CPU constantly on each instance.

We are running on the Umbraco 7.5.13 and Examine Version is 0.1.83. We setup the Examine to be stored on machine local disk.

After getting some profiling snapshot from production server I have discovered that a lot of CPU is used by Lucene: enter image description here

After looking at the call stack I have found that it is being called by PublishedMediaCache class.

enter image description here

Does any one know why Lucene is taking so much CPU time for a simple query to get media with id ?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 10:01
    Ismail Mayat

Dawid,

Cannot remember which version swapped from db to lucene for Media but in older versions it used to hit db when getting media. Now it hits lucene if it cannot get it from lucene then it will hit db. Re examine / lucene speed is the setup for azure as per the documentation?

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft