Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steffen Muldbjerg 6 posts 37 karma points
    Oct 15, 2017 @ 20:08
    Steffen Muldbjerg

Keep getting a System.OutOfMemoryException

I keep getting the same problem, I have a umbraco 7.7.2 install, using SQLCE, and installed the articulate package. It shows me a System.OutOfMemoryException, so I tried to make it again, with a a fresh install, it worked - but after a few hours it again throws a System.OutOfMemoryException.

Is it typically a webhosting issue, a SQLCE issue, or a installing issue? I have tried over 4-5 times, and it's driving me crazy!

I hope someone in here can help me - please ask, if you need any information to help!

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Oct 16, 2017 @ 08:03
    James Jackson-South

Is your application running in 32bit mode? If so, change it to 64bit so you have more contiguous memory to play with.

If it's possible to post the stack trace of the exception could you please do so and we'll try and get to the bottom of the cause?

• Steffen Muldbjerg 6 posts 37 karma points
    Oct 16, 2017 @ 08:18
    Steffen Muldbjerg

Shifting between 32 and 64bit, is that depending on the server or an Umbraco setting?

The stack trace of the exception is:

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.] Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfo..ctor(Directory dir, Int32 format, IndexInput input) +266 Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.Read(Directory directory, String segmentFileName) +261 Lucene.Net.Index.AnonymousClassFindSegmentsFile.DoBody(String segmentFileName) +18 Lucene.Net.Index.FindSegmentsFile.Run(IndexCommit commit) +1238 Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.Read(Directory directory) +68 Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.Init(Directory d, Analyzer a, Boolean create, Boolean closeDir, IndexDeletionPolicy deletionPolicy, Boolean autoCommit, Int32 maxFieldLength, IndexingChain indexingChain, IndexCommit commit) +368 Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter..ctor(Directory d, Analyzer a, Boolean create, MaxFieldLength mfl) +402 Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.WriterFactory(Directory d) in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\LuceneIndexer.cs:1867 Examine.LuceneEngine.<>cDisplayClass70.0(String s) in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\WriterTracker.cs:44 System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func2 valueFactory) +72 Examine.LuceneEngine.WriterTracker.GetWriter(Directory dir, Func2 factory) in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\WriterTracker.cs:44 Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.CreateIndexWriter() in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\LuceneIndexer.cs:1832 UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.CreateIndexWriter() +128 Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.EnsureIndex(Boolean forceOverwrite) in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\LuceneIndexer.cs:661 Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.RebuildIndex() in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\LuceneIndexer.cs:749 UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.RebuildIndex() +67 UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.RebuildIndex() +42 Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Complete(Action1 afterComplete) +309 Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +262 Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.ApplicationStart(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +10104513 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +173 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +10085804 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +95 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Oct 16, 2017 @ 08:36
    James Jackson-South

Shifting between 32 and 64bit, is that depending on the server or an Umbraco setting?

It's an IIS setting. You can configure it through the application pool settings advanced settings property.

It looks like the lucene indexer is running out of memory during the index rebuilding process. I've heard of large memory usage when indexing a large number of nodes but I doubt this is the issue in your case since you are using SQLCE

My money is that you are in 32bit mode.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft