Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marshall Penn 78 posts 258 karma points
    Oct 19, 2017 @ 15:21
    Marshall Penn

Deleted page still there after reboot!

I deleted a page, and it is still there on the front end. I have cleared it from the recycle bin, republished the site, deleted all the items in the "\App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency" folder and rebooted my machine but it is still there! An hour or so prior to deleting it i changed the document type. Does anyone know what has happened and how I can remedy this?

I am using 7.6.5 with UI-O-Matic and Archetype plugins

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 19, 2017 @ 15:51
    Dan Diplo

I know this is obvious, but are you sure it's not just cached locally in your browser? Try a CTRL-F5 or delete browser cache. If you use Chrome you can disable caching in dev tools when it's open, which is useful.

If this doesn't work you can try deleting your umbraco.config file in ~/App_Data/ as this is the XML cache of all content. Also go to the Health Check dashboard in the Developer section and check Data Integrity.

• Marshall Penn 78 posts 258 karma points
    Oct 19, 2017 @ 15:59
    Marshall Penn

Hi Dan,

I tried deleting umbraco.config which seems to have cleared it. I am wondering why it happened. I checked data integrity and that was fine as well as almost all the other health checks. I rebooted my machine so surely the application state should have been checked on application startup?

Thanks very much, Marshall

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 19, 2017 @ 16:16
    Dan Diplo

Strange. The umbraco.config file should be generated on application start and every time a page is published (or deleted). Does the file update when you publish (check timestamp)?

I can't really hazard a guess as to why it wasn't updating -there's nothing in the logs (App_Data\logs) that indicates any issues? (PS. I have a log viewer package available to make these easier to read).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft