• Dane McNaughton 8 posts 109 karma points
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 03:47
  • Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 09:27
    Simon steed

Jump into the db, change the hash for the user password to:

J94H0MGTTQ3Mx3HWHeLh3A==1CVHtebxZSrTlVdwc/xPfcxcr6Qqej3GvnT3wXrYvyE=

Then login using the password admin12345678

Richard package won't work due to the new password min length, we created our own version for things like this as it happens everytime we upgrade an older site to 7.6.x

Si

• Sohail Ahmed 2 posts 71 karma points
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 08:55
    Sohail Ahmed

Thank you, Simon. This worked perfectly fine in Umbraco 7.7.7.

• ali 39 posts 121 karma points
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 18:22
    ali

Thanks to all of guys it does not work Simon i tried . i had to reinstall umbraco from app installer in the server . i don't know what was the problem it work fine on my local machine but when i deploy the files to the server i can not login i tried many time to reinstall but when i use the app installer on the server every thing work fine . I was using the old version of umbraco and i develop all the web site in my computer and then upload the files to the server and every thing goes fine but in the new version of umbraco i does not work like that !!!

• Sohail Ahmed 2 posts 71 karma points
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 08:57
    Sohail Ahmed

Did you recycle the application pool? Which version of Umbraco are you using?

• Cesar 5 posts 75 karma points
    Oct 27, 2017 @ 17:26
    Cesar

I am using Umbraco 7.7.2 and also lost/forgot my password. I was the only administrator.

In the umbracoUser table in SQL, I had to copy the hashed userPassword from a user whose password I did know, since I set it up, to the userPassword field in my user record.

But, this was not enough to make it work. I also had to copy over the value in the securityStampToken field. Once I did this, I was able to log in with the copied user's password and change my own password.

I could be wrong, but I believe that the securityStampToken value is used to hash the password, and so they both have to match when copying over from a different user record.

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Oct 27, 2017 @ 23:22
    Mike Chambers

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-admin-reset/

???

or if it was a length issue on pwd you can always reduce the mandatory length ?

minRequiredPasswordLength="8" on

<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" />

Also you might have to be wary with these db techniques now as the latest 7.7.4 installer now prompts to add a unique machinekey to your installs, which I think then means the salt becomes unique to that machine key in some way.. so you'd need to carry that around too, though I may be wrong on that.

the admin reset.dll for me is my go to solution..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft