Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darren Kenny 4 posts 34 karma points
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 15:44
    Darren Kenny

Disabling uSync during a code freeze

Hi guys,

I'm working on a large Umbraco implementation for a client of mine.

Our hosting is managed via a 3rd party, so we can't make deployments ourselves. We build packages and they deploy/rollback etc.

We've been encountering some problems with uSync running (against our wishes, we have previously disabled this via config and stopped using uSync for some time now). We suspect that the deployment script is re-instating an old config, therefore uSync runs. Deployments are handled by a 3rd party and we have no visibility on this.

Regardless, we're in a code freeze so we can't completely uninstall uSync and deploy just yet. We can however get certain files on the server deleted upon request.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows if we can delete any of the config files (on the live server) without having something fall over.

Would deleting the uSync folder completely for example, instruct uSync to delete all items no longer found in that directory? Would deleting config/uSyncCore.Config cause anything to fall over? How would be best to handle this before we can uninstall the package?

The trick is to have uSync do nothing even if it's accidentally switched on via config.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Darren

• Kevin Jump 2319 posts 14769 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 16:12
    Kevin Jump

Hi

if you remove the config files, then uSync will put some default ones back (which will be a pain)

if you delete the jumoo.usync.*.dll's then usync would be 'gone' and everything should just work

but - if you put a usync.stop file in the (usync\data) folder then usync will halt all processing as if its been turned off (regardless of what is in the config files)

• Darren Kenny 4 posts 34 karma points
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 16:26
    Darren Kenny

Thank you for your swift reply, Kevin.

usync.stop looks like the way to go.

Amazing work with uSync by the way, it's such a great plugin; I use on all my projects. Unfortunately we just have a nasty edge case here so it's got to be removed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft