Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 3 posts 84 karma points
    Oct 30, 2017 @ 18:16
    David

FileSystemProvider doesn't map the media folder on 7.7.4

Hello, I am using Umbraco File System Providers azure, and after upgrade from 7.7.3 to 7.7.4 seems like umbraco doesn't map the media folder. If I upload a new image from media, the image appears on the blob storage, but if I try to render this image returns 404, on the back-office as well.

Thanks.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 31, 2017 @ 12:34
    Jeavon Leopold

Check if your /media/web.config file was overwritten by the upgrade.

It should be as shown https://github.com/JimBobSquarePants/UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure#virtual-path-provider

Oct 31, 2017 @ 13:11
    David

Hello, yes, is like this,

<location path="Media">
    <system.webServer>
      <handlers>
        <clear />
        <add name="StaticFileHandler" path="*" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler" />
        <add name="StaticFile" path="*" verb="*" modules="StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Read" />
      </handlers>
    </system.webServer>

I have compared all config files, and I can't see any changes. The weird thing is, the images with query strings, (cropped images) are working fine, but the images without not.

Note: I am using Azure CDN toolkit.

Thanks,

error

Oct 31, 2017 @ 13:17
    Jeavon Leopold

With querystring is using the ImageProcessor CloudImageService which is working, without is using the virtual path provider (VPP) which isn't, so that's why there is a difference.

I really does sound like one of the config files has been changed or something is now missing.

You could try to install the FileSystemProviders Umbraco package, the installer wizard will check all config. You can do this even if you are using NuGet as it uses the same transforms. If you do this I would recommend using source control to see if there were any changes made.

Oct 31, 2017 @ 14:24
    David

Hey Jeavon, you was completely right, the problem was in the media web.config. After reinstall filesystemprovider the media "mapping" start to work again. I had added the config for the media folder on my web.config (I was sleepy).

Thanks,

Oct 31, 2017 @ 15:15
    Jeavon Leopold

Ah great you've fixed it!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft