Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Miguel Angel 2 posts 82 karma points
    Nov 02, 2017 @ 10:24
    Miguel Angel

Macro parameter doesn't show Textarea on backoffice [Solved]

Hello everybody,

I've a simple macro with a TextArea parameter, but when I try to insert this macro on a RTE that is inside of a grid the dialog shows the label with the name but not the control to set the value.

This is the dialog

It only happens when the RTE is inside of a grid.

I looked at umbraco styles and I found this

.umb-grid .umb-cell-rte textarea { display: none!important }

I'm using Umbraco 7.7.2, anybody knows if this is an issue or a resitriction?

Thanks!

• Marc Goodson 2138 posts 14321 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 13:09
    Marc Goodson

Hi Miguel

It's kind of a bug, but sort of one where you can see why it might have been missed, or not affecting too many people this is because the expected way for building up content in a grid cell would be to add a Rich Text Control, fill with some content, and then if you needed to add something with functionality via a macro, you'd add underneath the Rich Text Control in the same cell, an additional Macro Control, so not via the Rich Text Editor macro button which would normally be turned off for grid... and then you'd add a further Rich Text Editor control underneath the Macro Control in the same cell to continue the entering content beneath... if that makes sense.

The bug you've discovered only occurs if you are adding a Macro via the Rich Text Editor within a grid cell, and this is because in this scenario a hidden textbox is used in conjunction with the editor, and needs to be hidden from view, and the style rule that does this is blatting the textarea in the macro parameter slide out panel.

I've added it as an issue on the issue tracker here:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10637

So in the meantime, if you really really need to add your macro via the button in the Rich Text Editor within the grid cell, as it's the only way that what you are trying to achieve will sort of work for your editor, and it's just this parameter thing messing things up, you could locate the umbraco.css file in /umbraco/assets folder.

Find the umbgrid .umb-cell-rte textarea rule

and append the mceNoEditor class to it eg:

.umb-grid .umb-cell-rte textarea.mceNoEditor{display:none!important}

enter image description here

Up the Client Dependency version number in /config/clientdependency.config

restart your application, and you should be back in 'text area parameter inside the grid cell via the rich text editor' business again!

regards

Marc

• Miguel Angel 2 posts 82 karma points
    Nov 07, 2017 @ 10:04
    Miguel Angel

Hi Marc!

Thank you for your solution, it works perfert!

• Marc Goodson 2138 posts 14321 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 11:51
    Marc Goodson

Ace!

I've put a pull request into the core...

so hopefully it won't be an issue in future releases:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/2305

if you could comment on there or the issue

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10637

that you have tried the fix in production, then that will help the core team decide on whether to pull in the fix etc.

I think it's also possible to mark this thread as answered, in case anyone else stumbles across the same issue.

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft