Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ivan 15 posts 125 karma points
    Nov 03, 2017 @ 20:07
    Ivan

Unable to login to umbraco 7.7.4

Hi all. Recently got back to umbraco and decided to tryout latest version v.7. .7.4.

As usual I installed umbraco on my home laptop using only IIS manager. I setup user and work without any problems. Problem occur when I decide to transfer my folder website to another computer in order to continue working with it. After I setup same website in IIS, I'm unable to login with same credentials. What is happening? I even remember choosing that machine key option during installation. Am I doing something wrong in this procedure? I would like to develop same website on 2 different PC's (copying files with between PC's with every change). Is that how it's supposed to be done? Thanks in advance,

• Charles R. Matvchuk 18 posts 124 karma points
    Nov 03, 2017 @ 22:02
    Charles R. Matvchuk

Ivan

I had the same problem. With developing on one computer, checking everything in to source control and using on another computer worked fine for a while. Then one day I had the same problem as you. I figure it has to do with encryption and the key, but that is just my guess. I have also had the same issue with copying the folder to another computer.

Not sure what exactly is going on.

V 7.7.4 only though.

• Ivan 15 posts 125 karma points
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 06:34
    Ivan

Luckily, I've created 2 admin users and somehow managed to login by using username from one user and password from another. Sadly, problems don't stop there. Simple macros don't work anymore, so it's impossible to continue working where I left off. Where can I report this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft