Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Stigsson 47 posts 158 karma points
    Nov 07, 2017 @ 15:41
    Robert Stigsson

Upgrading to 7.7.4, new media format while uploading

Hi,

When my content managers are now uploading media, they are not looking as they did before:

media.Properties.FirstOrDefault(x => x.Alias == "umbracoFile").Value.ConvertToString();

Would give me the straight url to the file.

media.Properties.FirstOrDefault(x => x.Alias == "umbracoFile").Value.ConvertToString();

Returns { src: "urlToFile", crop: "" }

Every file uploaded before we went over to 7.7.4 still turns up correctly after the upgrade, so it's only new content added that has this problem. Personally I think this has something to do with ImageCropper. We have never used it before, and I don't think we'll need it now, but it would still be interesting to know how you would go about solve the problem. The problem is mostly that the old media from before still returns only the url, while the new format seems to be that you also should give information about cropping.

Best regards Robert Stigsson

• John Churchley 272 posts 1258 karma points c-trib
    Nov 07, 2017 @ 15:56
    John Churchley

Have you tried setting in the umbracoSettings.config "EnablePropertyValueConverters" to false and seeing if that fixes the issue.

Nov 07, 2017 @ 16:16
    Robert Stigsson

I'm trying it right away! I didn't have it specified so I thought it was False by default. Guess I was wrong.

Nov 07, 2017 @ 16:33
    Robert Stigsson

That was not the solution. When adding now, I get; '{ "focalPoint": { "left": 0.5, "top": 0.5 }, "src": "urlToFile" }'

Good to know is that I use BlobStorage (idSeefeld UmbracoAzureBlobStorage-package), if that has to be configured any different now after the upgrade?

PS. Just to be clear, earlier it was no json-object that was stored, but the simple string: "urlToFile".

Nov 09, 2017 @ 10:23
    Robert Stigsson

Okey, so after some debugging I realized that there was no error at all uploading Media. Instead it is an update to the Media Picker. I have a Media Picker called "Media Picker (Obsolete)", but it doesn't seem to work as it did before. I'm now looking into what the difference between the Obsolete Media Picker and the now not so obsolete Media Picker does differently, and will see if I can solve it that way!

• John Churchley 272 posts 1258 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2017 @ 13:46
    John Churchley

Well done for solving the issue!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft