Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan 10 posts 80 karma points
    Nov 13, 2017 @ 10:14
    Nathan

How to remove style preview in format option in Richtext editor

My website has a lot of format text style in Richtext editor. Some of them have a big big font-size. And when I select format option, it shows fullscreen and not enough for some style, not has scroll bar so some of them is hidden. Please check image.enter image description here

My question is: How can i turn off format style preview in RTE, just display label, only label

Many thanks

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Nov 13, 2017 @ 10:28
    Ben Palmer

You should just be able to edit the stylesheet in the Settings -> Stylesheets section (see attached image). The style only takes effect in Umbraco so you're safe to edit those.

Umbraco stylesheets

This will also take affect in the RTE itself however so it's a bit of a balance to get something that gives a general idea in the RTE and also fits in the formats dropdown. So for example, your Biggest headline box could simply be font-size: 150% - that way it shows it's bigger in the RTE but also fits nicely in the dropdown.

Hope that makes sense :)

Nov 13, 2017 @ 10:37
    Nathan

Thank Ben, convert font-size from px to %. It works, look very nice, but it changes the way I use font-size in website px -> %.

Thank you so much

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Nov 13, 2017 @ 10:42
    Ben Palmer

I'm guessing that you're using the same stylesheet in the frontend of your website too? I'd usually set this up so that they're separate. So your main site stylesheet would have the correct styles and you'd just use css/rte.css for the backend only.

Nov 13, 2017 @ 10:48
    Nathan

Nice solution, I will use 2 files stylesheet for backend and frontend. :D thanks you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft