Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Gibson 16 posts 107 karma points
    Nov 27, 2017 @ 13:38
    Andrew Gibson

bullet list with optional internal links

I want to create a Data Type that will only enable a bulleted list, with the option that part of a bulleted item could be an internal link. Could I get some advice about how you would approach this?

There is a repeatable textstring, although this doesn't appear as a Data Type that I could modify.

Maybe a richtext editor with only the bullet icon showing - would I then create a macro that would offer internal links?

I'm just looking for a hint in a sensible direction, thank you.

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    Nov 27, 2017 @ 15:54
    Sven Geusens

The tricky part here is "part of of the bulleted list". If it was the whole item or none, then a nested content with the doctype for NC containing a textfield and a (optional) content picker would do the trick.

I think the only way to go if those are all your criteria is to create a custom datatype or do the macro thing you described.

The way the Nested content could work with the partial text, but i do not recommend this for usability issues: Let the user enter ##some text that becomes the link## and replace that with the link you get from the content picker.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft