Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Jakobsson 6 posts 96 karma points
    Nov 28, 2017 @ 12:53
    Martin Jakobsson

Umbraco forces me to update Umbraco version on localhost

Hi!

I´m trying to start a project I pulled from a colleague. I restore the packages that are not included in the repo the first thing I do and then I run the project on debug. No errors, no visible issue in the project.

The project starts without problems, but immediately force me to login to Umbraco. When I enter credentials for the Admin I am returned to a view that is forcing me to upgrade Umbraco version, something I do not want to do since the project is live on the Umbraco I´m currently on.

I have worked with Umbraco before on several project and never experienced this issue.

The project is running fine on my colleagues computer, connected to the same umbraco database. He has no changes that are not committed to the repository I´m pulling the project from.

Any ideas what might be causing this situation?

Umbraco v6.2.6 (Assembly version: 1.0.5906.18846)

Thanks and best regards, Martin

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 28, 2017 @ 13:53
    Dan Diplo

Check in your web.config / appSettings what umbracoConfigurationStatus is set to. If it's lower than the version it encounters in the assembly then it will try and perform an upgrade.

Nov 28, 2017 @ 15:09
    Martin Jakobsson

It currently set on value="6.2.6", the correct version.

Same in packages config, UmbracoCms and UmbracoCms.Core also set to, version="6.2.6"

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 28, 2017 @ 15:21
    Dan Diplo

Strange. What I'd probably do is backup your database and files and then let it perform the upgrade. You can then do a diff to see what files (if any) have changed. I can't see it causing any issues.

Nov 28, 2017 @ 15:38
    Martin Jakobsson

Ye actually just finished doing exactly that. I pulled the project agian to another folder and duplicated to db so that I can still go back to the old one.

Running the duplicated DB, followed though with the upgrade and I can now run the project. Weird thing is that it actually downgraded the version down to 6.2.2.

umbracoConfigurationStatus is now pointing towards value="6.2.2" but the package config still is pointing towards 6.2.6.

This is somewhat satisfying but still troublesome since the live site is running on 6.2.6.

Dec 05, 2017 @ 09:05
    Martin Jakobsson

Just to close the thread;

I imported the actual DLL from my colleague which had another version number, even though we have the same references in the project.

Thanks @DanDiplo for the pointers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft