Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 19 posts 109 karma points
    Dec 06, 2017 @ 17:10
    Ben

App_Plugins location configuration

Hi All,

We are completely new to Umbraco and trying to get it to a place we can deploy. We are trying to achieve something like the following for our app_plugins:

App_Plugins
          -Theme1
               -Plugin1
               -Plugin2
          -Theme2
               -Plugin1
               -Plugin2
          -Global
               -PluginX
               -PluginY

We are trying to deploy the same code base and configure it differently for different sites. So the plugins (excuse the use of language the "plugins" are a mixture of grid editors and property editors) required for each theme maybe slightly different or completely different, but the "plugins" in the global folder are generic and can be used by all themes.

Is there a way of configuring Umbraco to look for its App_plugins in different folders, for example for website1 it looks in the Theme1 & Global folder.

We are open to different solutions, but want someway of splitting the App_Plugins by site so we dont end up with an unmanageable list.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 06, 2017 @ 23:07
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Ben

There is no such setting out of the box, but maybe you can develop something like that.

Do you want to store plugins only in these folders?

Thanks,

Alex

• Ben 19 posts 109 karma points
    Dec 06, 2017 @ 23:40
    Ben

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i think so, as im completely new to this im not sure what else would go in there. I know we have "property editors" and "grid editors" along with forms and a couple of other plugins.

We are working on an enterprise solution, where we manage multiple websites from the same install, but cant even find any config for Umbraco to find this App_plugin folder.

I think we were expecting to be able to manage it via Virtual Directories but not sure how we could configure that, but maybe we are looking in the wrong direction.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft