Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Romeo Cadaoas 33 posts 110 karma points
    Dec 13, 2017 @ 07:36
    Romeo Cadaoas

scheduledTasks not working

Hi Everyone, I have a scheduled task that I want to run every 5 minutes.

I added the url for my method in umbracoSettings.config and the necessary settings but scheduledTasks doesn't seem to be running.

I tried debugging it by calling the url from the browser and I do hit my break point.

I tried checking the logs but there are no errors being recorded. Is this a bug in umbraco? How can I know that the scheduled task is running?

<scheduledTasks>
        <!-- add tasks that should be called with an interval (seconds) -->
        <task log="true" alias="task1" interval="300" url="http://localhost:43203/umbraco/api/Integration/Init"/>
      </scheduledTasks>

I'm using Umbraco 7.5.8

I never had trouble using scheduledTasks in other versions of Umbraco.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 13, 2017 @ 08:28
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Romeo

Try to use "Url Task Scheduler For V7":

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/url-task-scheduler-for-v7/

It's working fine for me

Thanks,

Alex

Dec 13, 2017 @ 09:32
    Romeo Cadaoas

I didn't have trouble with scheduledTasks with Umbraco 7.2. Why is this not working now?

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5757 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 13, 2017 @ 10:14
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

If you lower the interval to debug, are you sure that there is no errors in the log?

I've seen some issues with the schedule tasks but that was back in v 7.4 or something.

Dec 13, 2017 @ 10:24
    Romeo Cadaoas

Hi Markus, yes, I've tried lowering the interval to 30 seconds but the scheduledTasks is still not hitting my endpoint.

And yes no error in the logs even in the IIS logs.

What I tried so far:

1. Assigned a local domain.
    2. Tried calling a Url from a different website.
    3. Created a different action controller with no custom attribute or logic inside. Just a break point. - Can be hit running in the browser but not from scheduledTasks.

So I think scheduledTasks is not running at all.

• jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Dec 13, 2017 @ 10:49
    jigar

Hi Romeo,

One possibility is that the umbraco website might be configure with more secure environment which doesn't allow to execute the Taks Scheduler.

You can check the log "/App_Data/Logs" and you will see many error like below.

ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [Thread 31] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String data) at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.Start(ApplicationContext appContext)

If you see error like above it mean there is some permission issue which is causing the Scheduler to perform the operation.

Dec 14, 2017 @ 05:01
    Romeo Cadaoas

Its working now. if you look at umbracoServer table in the database you will see a column isMaster.

The scheduledTasks is only running on the master server.

Thanks everyone.

• Bo Jacobsen 597 posts 2395 karma points
    Dec 04, 2019 @ 10:56
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi Romeo.

I know this is an old post, but do you remember if you just changed IsMaster to true in the database or is there another workaround?

Dec 06, 2019 @ 13:08
    Romeo Cadaoas

Hi Bo Jacobsen, Yes I just needed to turn isMaster to true for the main server. Are you having issue with scheduledTasks?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft