Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick 36 posts 150 karma points
    Dec 13, 2017 @ 16:38
    Rick

Setting Member Properties During Registration

Hello All,

I'm working with Umbraco 7.6.5 and using the provided snippet to create the member. Overall, it's working without any issues, but I'm trying to add some custom behavior that I thought would be simple, but are proving to be surprisingly challenging.

When the user completes the form, I want to be able to send a verification e-mail. That in itself is not the issue though. I'm confident I can handle that.

What I want is:

• Set the umbracoMemberApproved field to false using the provided registration snippet.
    • Prevent the account from being automatically logged in when the provided registration snippet is successful.

Am I really not able to use the provided registration snippet and use the CreateMember API instead?

Thank you in advance, Rick

• Anil Kumar 41 posts 202 karma points
    May 10, 2018 @ 21:03
    Anil Kumar

Hello Rick,

I am also trying to achieve the same thing . Trying to set the default value of member status to False during registration . Have you got the solution ?

Thanks

• Rick 36 posts 150 karma points
    May 11, 2018 @ 01:34
    Rick

Anil,

Assuming that by "default value of member status to false" you mean setting the IsApproved value to false, then yes!

Here is the bulk of the Razor helper to create the member. Specifically, the IsApproved value is set in the "Create the base member" section.

@helper CreateMember() {

var fullName = HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(HttpContext.Current.Request["fullName"]);
        var company = HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(HttpContext.Current.Request["company"]);
        var phone = HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(HttpContext.Current.Request["phone"]);
        var stateProv = HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(HttpContext.Current.Request["stateProv"]);
        var email = HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(HttpContext.Current.Request["email"]);
        var pw = HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(HttpContext.Current.Request["pw"]);

IMember checkMember = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.MemberService.GetByEmail(email);

if (checkMember != null) {
            Page.Errors.Add("memberExists");
            @RenderRegistrationForm();
        } else {
            try {
                @* Create the base member *@
                IMember newMember = ApplicationContext.Services.MemberService.CreateMemberWithIdentity(email,email,fullName,"member");
                ApplicationContext.Services.MemberService.SavePassword(newMember,pw);
                newMember.IsApproved = false;
                ApplicationContext.Services.MemberService.Save(newMember);

@* Update the member information with the custom fields *@
                var updMember = ApplicationContext.Services.MemberService.GetById(newMember.Id);
                updMember.SetValue("company",company);
                updMember.SetValue("phone",phone);
                updMember.SetValue("stateProv",stateProv);

ApplicationContext.Services.MemberService.Save(updMember);

@* Try to send the validation e-mail *@
                @TrySendMail(validationCode);

} catch (Exception ex) {
                throw new Exception("Unable to create new member: " + ex.Message);
            }
        }
    }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft