Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Poole 53 posts 165 karma points
    Dec 18, 2017 @ 09:43
    Mike Poole

Installing package breaks site

I have an Umbraco site that was working fine and I could login to the Umbraco back office

I installed the Links Picker package - https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/links-picker/ - and then was not able to login to the backoffice OR my website. I was greeted with the message

Type 'Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.ValueConverters.IntegerValueConverter' cannot be an IPropertyValueConverter for property 'mainBrandLogoHeight' of content type 'Brand' because type 'Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.ValueConverters.IntegerValueConverter' has already been detected as a converter for that property, and only one converter can exist for a property.

I have been into the installedpackages.config file and removed the

How can I login or resolve this issue?

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    Dec 18, 2017 @ 16:42
    Sven Geusens

Hey Mike

When you install a package, some files will be copied to disk and the installedpackages.config folder will get an entry for the package you have installed so you can run the deinstall later on.

Since one of the files that has been copied is messing up your installation you will have to remove that one.

The file you will have to remove will probably be /bin/our.umbraco.linkspicker.dll since this seems to be the only file the package installs.

Still weird that that package would register a second propertyconverter with the same name as one that is in the core.

If deleting the file resolves your issue, be sure to report the incompatibility on the package page for the umbraco version you installed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft