Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mzaibi 4 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 19, 2017 @ 15:00
    mzaibi

create my own Umbraco Template

Hi i'm trying to find a way to create my own Umbraco Template, i'll try to make it more clear; i've already created my Umbraco Site, and i'm seeking a way to create a second one based on the structure of the first.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 05, 2018 @ 18:31
    Søren Kottal

You can create a package of your site, by going to Developer > Packages. In here you would add the necessary files, doctypes, datatypes, macros, nodes etc. for your starter kit.

When you save/publish. You can download a zip with your starterkit, which you then just need to install in your new site.

• mzaibi 4 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 06, 2018 @ 11:54
    mzaibi

Thank you that's a good idea

• Royce Priem 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 05, 2018 @ 13:46
    Royce Priem

Hi all -

I realize this is an old thread, but as a follow up, what's the process for installing the package once it's been created?

Thanks in advance.

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Jun 05, 2018 @ 13:56
    Harry Spyrou

Package installing is by going to the Developer section and clicking on packages. Then on the top right you'll see 'Install local'.

Install local might not be what you want but if I understand correctly the previous response it should be what you're looking for.

Jun 05, 2018 @ 13:58
    Royce Priem

Thanks Harry, I'll give that a try!

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Jun 05, 2018 @ 14:14
    Harry Spyrou

Hope it helps. Let me know if it worked, because I haven't actually done that, but that's how you instal zip packages.

Jun 12, 2018 @ 12:18
    Royce Priem

Hi Harry -

A follow up to this question. It appears the developer provided me with more than just a template, it has additional components presumably associated with the Umbraco backend itself, which I don't need. I want to use the correct terminology when I reach out to the developer. Can you give me a little direction on this so I ask for the correct package?

Thanks in advance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft