Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Thanh Pham 23 posts 140 karma points
    Dec 21, 2017 @ 00:49
    Thanh Pham
    1

    Umbraco backoffice not showing correct language

    Hi all,

    I've just upgraded Umbraco 7.5.6 to version 7.7.6 and realised that it's not showing language properly anymore. They have square brackets. See image below. I have done all I could think of: clear the cache, restart App pool/computer, set the umbracoDefaultUILanguage to en-US in web.config, leave the ~/config/lang/en-US.user.xml and ~/umbraco/config/lang/en_us.xml as it is. I've also checked the log and found this WARNING: Umbraco.Core.Services.LocalizedTextService - The culture specified en-AU was not found in any configured sources for this service. Why and where is Umbraco trying to load en-AU locale? Am I missing something?

    enter image description here

    Regards,

    TP

  • Thanh Pham 23 posts 140 karma points
    Dec 21, 2017 @ 01:06
    Thanh Pham
    103

    I figured it out by adding globalization to the web.config.

    enter image description here

  • milkman matty 26 posts 108 karma points
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 04:13
    milkman matty
    0

    Thanks, that fixed the problem for me!

  • Chris Kim 44 posts 216 karma points c-trib
    Jan 15, 2019 @ 23:14
    Chris Kim
    0

    We had the same issue when changing the httpRuntime targetFramework to 4.7 in the web.config.

    It is related to this issue: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/3042 and has been fixed in 7.13.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft