Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• suman 30 posts 101 karma points
    Dec 21, 2017 @ 12:10
    suman

Complete steps for Upgrading Umbraco from 4.11.10 to 7.7.7

Can some one help please, how to upgrade Umbraco version with completes steps Or any link for going through?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 21, 2017 @ 20:00
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Suman,

You should try to have a look at our upgrade documentation which you can find here.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/general

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Dec 22, 2017 @ 10:27
    suman

Thank you Dennis...

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Dec 22, 2017 @ 10:13
    Niels Lynggaard

Genrally speaking, going from very old versions to 7 something is very difficult, since there has been a lot of changes and xslt has been replaced by mvc views in later versions.

I would recommend doing step-by-step upgrades between major versions along the way, making sure to merge config-files, read release-notes and remove deprecated code and datatypes along the way..

I've managed to do this from old versions (4-something) to latest 6-versions, but going from 6 to 7 is a major step, involving rewriting your xslt as views etc. Basically you will end up completely re-writing you templates and xslt-snippets.

The best option in my opinion would be to do a complete re-implementation on umbraco 7 and moving content manually or by cmsimport (if at all possible between versions). I would definetly recommend a full re-implementation.

/Niels

Dec 22, 2017 @ 10:23
    suman

@Niels Thank you for the suggestions. Looks like better to go for Re-implementation of website.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 23, 2017 @ 00:07
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Niels

XSLT and master pages are still working in Umbraco version 7

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft