Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hong 66 posts 228 karma points
    Dec 24, 2017 @ 00:54
    Hong

Why is added content not displayed on the home page?

I am probably missing something fundamental. The home page uses template Home. I added a Rich Text Editor to the content element as following: enter image description here

I then added some text to this component as following: enter image description here

Unfortunately, it is not displayed on the home page. Everything else looks fine.

Could anyone shed some light on this?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 24, 2017 @ 08:19
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hong

Would it be possible for you to share how your templete looks like

Merry Chistmas

Best

-Dennis

Dec 24, 2017 @ 12:14
    Hong

Merry Christmas to you, Dennis. I am not sure that I fully understand the term "template" here. I thought my first screenshot would show the template. Here is what I did:

1. On the home tab of the BackOffice, I select Actions > Create Content Template.
    2. Home content template was created, then I edited the template by adding the Rich Text Editor.
    3. Go to Home tab, and use the Rich Text Editor to add some content.

Could you tell me what you would like to see?

Dec 24, 2017 @ 22:51
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hong

Would it be posible for you to copy in all the content that you have in your home template and show us where you want the content to be printet out

Best,

/Dennis

Dec 25, 2017 @ 00:18
    Hong

Hi Dennis,

I took screenshots of the entire (I needed to take three) as following. Please let me know if it is what you were asking: enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

Dec 25, 2017 @ 09:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hong

Can you please go to the settigs secion —> Templates and then find the template for your home page

After this please copy the content of this file, and it could be fantastic if you could tell where you want the info to be printet out in the template

Best,

/Dennis

Dec 25, 2017 @ 14:55
    Hong

Thank you, Dennis.

I have finally got it. Sorry for taking so long. I checked Templates, and stopped expanding it further when I saw "Master" because I did not expect the it would be under "Master". As mentioned before, I created a new template. It seemed to go under "Document Types",

Here is the template:

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage<ContentModels.Home>
    @using ContentModels = Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels;
    @{
        Layout = "Master.cshtml";
        var backgroundImage = Model.Content.HeroBackgroundImage != null ? Model.Content.HeroBackgroundImage.Url : String.Empty;
    }
    <section class="section section--full-height background-image-full overlay overlay--dark section--content-center section--thick-border"
             style="background-image: url('@backgroundImage')">
        <div class="section__hero-content">
            <h1>@Model.Content.HeroHeader</h1>
            <p class="section__description">@Model.Content.HeroDescription</p>
            @*<a class="button button--border--solid" href="@Model.Content.HeroCtalink.Url">
                @Model.Content.HeroCtacaption
            </a>*@

</div>
    </section>

<section class="section section">
        @Html.GetGridHtml(Model.Content, "bodyText", "bootstrap3-fluid")
    </section>

<section class="section section--themed">

<div class="container">
            <div class="row">

<div class="ta-center">
                    <h2>@Model.Content.FooterHeader</h2>
                    <p class="section__description mw-640 ma-h-auto">@Model.Content.FooterDescription</p>

@*<a class="button button--border--light_solid" href="@Model.Content.FooterCtalink.Url">
                        @Model.Content.FooterCtacaption
                    </a>*@

</div>

</div>
        </div>

</section>

I just want to append the new part to tth end of content (i.e. above the footer).

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Dec 25, 2017 @ 16:10
    Matthew Wise

It looks like who ever created left you a field to make "notes" which is the field you are in if you want to add content to the page you need to use the field above it.

If you click the add button above where you added the content you will be able to add a rich text area and maybe more

Dec 25, 2017 @ 16:29
    Hong

Merry Christmas, Matthew.

Your tip made me realize that I missed an important piece of information in my original post - I did try "Add content" at the place you mentioned, but decided not to use it because it does not allow Rich Text. The following is all its options: enter image description here

Dec 25, 2017 @ 16:43
    Matthew Wise

Merry Christmas Hong,

If you go to developer > data types > home content grid (I think it's called that) have a look at the row configurations. If you click on the grey area on the right panel that will appear you can see what you are allowed to add in each. It maybe a case of using the + on the home page you showed and pick a different row type or adding the rich text to your row configurations.

I would point out though if who ever created hasn't allowed rich text it may not render correct

Matt

Dec 25, 2017 @ 17:03
    Hong

That's it, Matt! I added Rich Text Editor, and all is good now.

Thanks a lot.

Dec 25, 2017 @ 17:04
    Matthew Wise

Happy to help ;)

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft