Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Cox 31 posts 182 karma points
    Jan 03, 2018 @ 09:09
    Andy Cox

Related link validation in nested content

Hi All,

We've been having issues with validation and nested content. We have a nested content property (mandatory, max 3 items) that allows the creation of simple content items with a Heading, Image and Related Link (limited to 1).

All three of the properties on the nested content items are mandatory, however, the validation seems to be really inconsistent. For the Heading and Image it seems to fire but the Related Link is causing us issues. It is currently possible to save the nested content item with a caption but an empty internal link. This results in an exception on the front end:

UDIs for content items must be Umbraco.Core.GuidUdi

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or am I configuring the nested content incorrectly?

I am quite concerned as the content editors for this site are not particularly tech savy and this is just the sort of thing they might miss!

Thanks for any help.

Andy

• Aleksander 45 posts 205 karma points
    Nov 20, 2018 @ 07:33
    Aleksander

I'm having the same issue on umbraco 7.10.4.

Was this issue ever reported ??

I guess i a temporary workaround would be to write a custom null check for the OnSaved Event.

• Aleksander 45 posts 205 karma points
    Nov 20, 2018 @ 07:38
    Aleksander

seems like it was recently fixed: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/2989

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft