Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jan 04, 2018 @ 22:04
    Amir Khan

Merge multiple tags with same name but different ID

Hi,

I'm having an issue with v7.3.x where the tag datatype has, over time, created multiple tags with the same name but a different ID. Casing is the same, spelling is the same etc. There are 100's of instances of this for each tag.

Any idea how to merge these efficiently?

Screengrab attached for an example.

Thanks!

Amir

enter image description here

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 09, 2018 @ 20:29
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Amir

Sorry to contradict you but the 2 records are not the same - the word Experience is spelt differently.

I have created the Tag Manager package which was built for such occasions, however it is not compatible with the latest version of Umbraco - someone has committed a fix, however I have not yet deployed the package to this site for users.

So I will up the priority of getting an updated package deployed, and this might help you with your tags.

Cheers, Nigel

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jan 09, 2018 @ 20:39
    Amir Khan

Hi Nigel,

No worries, I picked a bad example. Here's another one. I actually have tag manager installed and it works GREAT but there are so many tags in this case that have duplicates that merging with the dropdown manually would be impossible.

Here's another example: Tag ID - 722 Tag Group - MemoryCare, Tag Text - Planning Ahead, Items Tagged - 32 Tag ID - 731 Tag Group - MemoryCare, Tag Text - Planning Ahead, Items Tagged - 32

I'm wondering if there is a SQL query that would look for the tag text and merge duplicates.

-Amir

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft