Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Milligan 11 posts 77 karma points
    Jan 05, 2018 @ 12:06
    Steve Milligan

301 URL Tracker Service Unavailable issue

Hi

I have been attempting to access the 301 URL Tracker package on our V7 environment, to set up a few redirects, but I am continually receiving a 'Service Unavailable' message.

This works on our staging environment, and was working fine on our live environment a few weeks ago. Version is 3.11

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks in advance

Steve

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 06, 2018 @ 09:39
    Marc Goodson

Hi Steve

Which version of Umbraco? There is also a later version of UrlTracker not listed on Our Umbraco: https://www.nuget.org/packages/UrlTracker/3.14.0

Has anything changed in the live environment in the last few weeks?

One possibility is the sheer number of records in the icTracker database table, and accessing them for the dashboard is timing out.

Is there anything in the logs, app_data/logs ?

This would explain why it worked before, and has now stopped working.

Particularly if you have UrlTracker setup to track 404s, and don't ignore common urls (I once had 365,000 404 entries for wp-admin.php!!)

On staging you probably would have a lower number of records?

Finally on the database connection string, do you have different connection timeouts set between staging and live? and multipleactiverecordsets set to true or false?

regards

Marc

Jan 15, 2018 @ 11:51
    Steve Milligan

Thanks Marc

We are using Umbraco 7.5.11 We only have 2500 records in the redirect table, so I'm reluctant to say it's a timing out issue.

I have tried installing the latest version of URL tracker (3.14.1) on our dev environment, but the version of the DLL is never updated??

Connection strings are set up the same between staging and live.

I'll keep persevering to find a solution.

Regards

Steve

• Daniel Chenery 119 posts 465 karma points
    Jan 15, 2018 @ 22:05
    Daniel Chenery

Hi Steve,

I haven't seen this myself, but someone has made an issue on GitHub.

Having not see it makes it difficult to replicate, and fix :(

Would you mind popping the plugin in debug mode and post the logs? I'll only need to ones that contain UrlTracker You'll also need to change your logging level to "DEBUG" in log4net.config

I'm not too sure if there is logging in the backoffice, but if something is throwing an error hopefully that will shed a light on things somewhere...

Feb 08, 2018 @ 16:16
    Steve Milligan

Thanks Marc

I've upped the connection timeout and added in multipleactiverecordsets=true but with no success. I've also uninstalled and re-installed URL Tracker, again with no success.

nothing appears to be logged anywhere.

I decreased the number of records temporarily in the database table to 100, and it worked fine. There are only 2200 records in the table in total though, which shouldn't cause an issue, but it appears it does.

We'll have to either clear out some records, or try to upgrade URL Tracker, although I can't get the GIT solution to build in VS.

Regards

Steve

• Daniel Chenery 119 posts 465 karma points
    Feb 08, 2018 @ 18:51
    Daniel Chenery

You need to add the VS solution to your existing Umbraco project, you can't run it on its own

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft