Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad 14 posts 105 karma points
    Jan 05, 2018 @ 21:27
    Brad

User Group Permissions for Media

Is there a way so that I can have a group of users access the media section so they can add images or files to their content pages, but at the same time not be able to actually edit or remove files from the media section?? Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a way to make that work in the current Umbraco structure...

• Søren Tidmand 129 posts 366 karma points
    Jan 08, 2018 @ 10:45
    Søren Tidmand

Hi Brad,

you could create a separate folder in Media section only for the user or user group and then assign this folder as starting point in the Media section on the the given users.

This would limit their access to only this folder and thereby preventing them from being able to edit and/or remove files in other parts of the Media section.

To my knowledge it is not possible to change permissions when it comes to the Media section.

/Søren

• Brad 14 posts 105 karma points
    Jan 11, 2018 @ 17:20
    Brad

Thanks Søren! That's exactly what I think I'm going to have to do. It would be nice if they could only access that section for content purposes though. Hopefully, that'll come in a later build.

Thanks!

• Wolfram Kraus 7 posts 107 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 12:43
    Wolfram Kraus

Pardon that I hijack this question, but: Is there also no Add On/Plugin/Project to set Media section permissions?

• Søren Tidmand 129 posts 366 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 15:34
    Søren Tidmand

Hi Wolfram,

If you're looking for a package to protect media items from public access (via Umbraco Members) you should definitely have a look at Richard Soeteman's package Media protect:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/media-protect

You can buy a license for either domain, server or unlimited use.

I also found this guide to securing media in Umbraco: https://martincarlsen.com/securing-media-files-in-umbraco/

I must admit that I never tried out this code for myself, but it might be an option.

/Søren

• Wolfram Kraus 7 posts 107 karma points
    Jan 17, 2018 @ 07:16
    Wolfram Kraus

Thanks Søren,

but I need a solution to give users access and not members (public access).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft