Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Renee Haas 18 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 08, 2018 @ 22:22
    Renee Haas

Backoffice Login Fails for all users except admin login created during install

Backoffice Login Fails for all users except admin login created during install. I am on version 7.7. Every time I try to log in with a user to the back office, it always give the message login failed. In the umbracoUser table the user is not disabled, userNoConsole is set to 0. The login failed attempt continues to climb with each attempt. Interestingly though, I can successfully login with the admin user I created during the install process.

In my testing it appears that something is wrong with how Umbraco is hashing the password either on saving of the password, or on retrieving the password when attempting to log in. In the database I set the password for the users to the single working admin password. I was then able to log in with other users. As soon as I updated the password in the back office, I could no longer log in.

In addition, I found that if you update the password in the backoffice of the user that is logged in, then the password updated correctly. But if you try and update the password of anther user and then try to log in with that user it will not work.

• Josué González 17 posts 110 karma points
    Jan 11, 2018 @ 22:30
    Josué González

Hi, i'm not working with umbraco 7.7 yet...

But when i was starting in umbraco, i was getting problems to login too...

But, the solution was that i have to enable the sections for the user that i am creating, thats sections should be the only one that the user should see when makes login:

enter image description here

I don't know if you have checked this already...

Regards

• Renee Haas 18 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 19, 2018 @ 13:40
    Renee Haas

I played around with that prior to posting. That was not it. Some of my users had varying access, including some groups that only have access to members.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft