Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Chris Norwood 91 posts 493 karma points
    Jan 10, 2018 @ 11:11
    Chris Norwood
    0

    Image Cropper won't save images

    Hi,

    Having a weird issue with the ImageCropper, in the backend only.

    In our UAT Environment the ImageCropper allows you to upload an image, but not to save it (every other file upload such as media picker, file upload etc. works fine).

    If I click "save and publish" or "save" I don't get the success message (it displays the progress spinner very briefly but then goes bakc to "save and publish" without either an error or a success message).

    It works fine in both the Live environment and the Dev environment, with the same set of permissions (but see below re: configuration).

    Dev: single server, basic authentication UAT: dual servers, basic authentication, Load balancing with files replicated via DFS Live: dual servers, no authentication, Load balancing with files replicated via DFS

    Note that on both Dev and Live systems the image cropper works as expected, so the only difference I can see is the combination of basic authentication with load balancing.

    It doesn't appear to be the issue I've seen described elsewhere with underscores in a property alias as it's working fine in the other environments. When attempting to save or publish, the following is shown in the dev panel in Firefox:

    Post Save Issue

    So far I've tried: 1) Checking all permissions are the same (plus the Basic Auth user having permission) across the UAT/Live environments

    2) Adding the "security" element to the web.config in the Media folder (although this fixing it wouldn't make much sense as other file uploads are working)

    3) Removing basic authentication very briefly

    I've checked the logs and can't see any problems there either....

    One thing I did notice in the response is the following JSON (right at the end of the response, after what I assume is the image data) - does the "blocked" message here have any significance?

     "redirectURL": "",
          "bodySize": null
        },
        "cache": {},
        "timings": {
          "blocked": 1,
          "dns": 0,
          "connect": 0,
          "ssl": 0,
          "send": 0,
          "wait": 0,
          "receive": 0
        }
      }
    ]
    

    } }

    Any and all help would be gratefully received!

  • Chris Norwood 91 posts 493 karma points
    Jan 23, 2018 @ 11:19
    Chris Norwood
    100

    It turns out this was the same issue as the one shown below - the maxReadAheadValue needs to be set higher on HTTPS connections.

    https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/90131-cant-upload-media-files-in-one-environment-413-request-entity-too-large-sometimes

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft