Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Doobear 21 posts 111 karma points
    Jan 12, 2018 @ 15:26
    Doobear

Transferring Umbraco to another Database

Hi there,

I have run a script to move all Umbraco data from SQL Server 2008 to 2014. The script was successful and all data moved over. I can load up the site but when I try to add an image to the media store I get an error. The log is as follows with 4 errors in a row, not sure they are all related to adding the image though.

1. ERROR Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - Database exception occurred System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'dbname.dbo.umbracoServer'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.
    2. ERROR Umbraco.Web.Strategies.ServerRegistrationEventHandler - Failed to update server record in database. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'dbname.dbo.umbracoServer'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.
    3. ERROR Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - Database exception occurred System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'dbname.dbo.umbracoLog'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.
    4. ERROR Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute - Could not acquire actionExecutedContext.Response.Content System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Does anyone have any advice about what this might mean or what might have gone wrong?

Kindest regards.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 13, 2018 @ 15:32
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Doobear

How did you move the database from one server to another?

Did you make a backup on older and restore on newer?

Thanks,

Alex

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Jan 13, 2018 @ 19:21
    Marcio Goularte

Hello, you must have generated a script by management studio with the option to insert the primary keys. I have tried several times to do this method and it does not work with Umbraco, has always presented this error.

It also did not run with export data from management studio.

The best way is to backup the database, or if you do not need to keep the content versions, use Usync

Jan 16, 2018 @ 09:21
    Doobear

Hi both,

Thanks for answering my query.

I did generate a script from Management Studio which is what gave me these errors.

I have just tried a backup and restore but now when I try to login or get to the site Umbraco tries to redirect me to AuthorizeUpgrade and my login does not work at all.

I am going to give uSync a go and see how I get on but if you have any other suggestions I will always be grateful.

Thanks

Jan 19, 2018 @ 11:38
    Doobear

OK just in case it might help someone else. I used uSync to move everything over. seems to have worked well so thanks for that.

However I now get intermittent SQL timeout errors...

Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - Database exception occurred

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out

It seems to be mostly with loading the Media store (a lot of child folders) or one Content node that has a lot of children.

Appreciate any more feedback on this.

Kindest thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft