Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Petersson 32 posts 116 karma points
    Jan 15, 2018 @ 19:31
    Eric Petersson

Trying to login in to admin/backoffice from Azure DB fails

Hi!

Just created a bacpac-file extension in Azure with an empty Umbraco installation.

When connection to the database in my local project I don't seem to be able to login to the admin backoffice.

I receive the following error message in the console of the browser: http://cgv.local/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/IsAuthenticated 500 (Internal Server Error)

enter image description here

What I can see, I have properly set the connectionstring, added access to the database in Azure and using correct user and password combination. When connecting to the local database before converting to a bacpac file and uploading to Azure everything went fine.

Is there something that I may be missing?

Thanks! / Eric

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Jan 15, 2018 @ 20:32
    Craig100

Not sure which way round you're doing this but to access the DB on Azure you'll need to add your IP address to it's Firewall. ??

Jan 15, 2018 @ 20:41
    Eric Petersson

Hi, Craig!

Yes, that I have. Which is odd that it doesn't allow me to connect...

Here's the connectionstrin (nothing fancy):

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="Server=tcp:{myname}.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog={mydbname};Persist Security Info=False;User ID={myname};Password={mypassword};MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;" /> 

However, when recreating the bacpac as a Azure database, I received an undefined error. When refreshing the portal the database is however created and seems to be working. I assume the umbracoUser and umbracoServer tables in the database are in conflict here.

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Jan 15, 2018 @ 20:42
    Craig100

I've just done this in the last few days. I got an error creating the bacpac file too. I had to set the DB compatability mode to include 2012 I think.

Jan 18, 2018 @ 11:49
    Eric Petersson

I resolved the issue by creating the Azure database instance in the installation of the Umbraco site.

Directly after the installation was complete the account was able to logon, but not after timeout action occurred.

The status code now returns a 400 when trying to logon to the backoffice.

Strange...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft