Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Jan 22, 2018 @ 17:23
    Jonathan Roberts

RTE on CSHTML page has locallink:umb:// in the links

Hi,

I am using an RTE in the Grid in the latest version of umbraco CMS and when the page is published the links from the Text editor have links like:

<a data-udi="umb://document/a8990cb2424346b9a12041a30e3ea541" href="/{localLink:umb://document/a8990cb2424346b9a12041a30e3ea541}" title="Home">And a super link</a>

I am using @Html.Raw(rtesource) - do i need to do anything else?

I have seen a few old links to possible fixes but none work now.

Thanks

Jon

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 22, 2018 @ 18:50
    Anders Bjerner

Hi Jonathan,

It should work if you put the value through the ParseInternalLinks method:

string html = Umbraco.Web.Templates.TemplateUtilities.ParseInternalLinks(rteGridValue, UmbracoContext.Current.UrlProvider);

@Html.Raw(html)

Jan 23, 2018 @ 08:25
    Jonathan Roberts

I have tried Umbraco.Web.Templates.TemplateUtilities.ParseInternalLinks but it says it cant find Web in Umbraco - what do I need to reference?

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2018 @ 08:32
    Anders Bjerner

It should work out of the box, as I've used the full path of the TemplateUtilities class. From what I can tell, the class is located in umbraco.dll.

A cause for the error could be if you have a folder somewhere in your solution called Umbraco. In that case, you could try something like below instead (the difference being that the full class name is now prefixed with global::):

string html = global::Umbraco.Web.Templates.TemplateUtilities.ParseInternalLinks(rteGridValue, UmbracoContext.Current.UrlProvider);

@Html.Raw(html)

• Christian A 24 posts 98 karma points c-trib
    Jan 06, 2021 @ 09:51
    Christian A

Just stumpled upon this, for future reference if people have the same reference issue, the reason is "Umbraco" is a reference for UmbracoHelper in most Umbraco Contexts, which results in the error Jonathan describes.

Instead just reference Umbraco.Web.Templates and use "TemplateUtilities.ParseInternalLinks()" to invoke the method.

@using Umbraco.Web.Templates

string html = Templates.TemplateUtilities.ParseInternalLinks(rteGridValue, UmbracoContext.Current.UrlProvider);

@Html.Raw(html)

Jan 23, 2018 @ 09:09
    Jonathan Roberts

Hi,

Thank you so much - this works like a charm.

Thanks again for all your help,

Jon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft