Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anette 41 posts 59 karma points
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 11:18
    Anette

Public access gives mySql error

I have installed a new umbraco version 7.7.6 and have reused some templates and pagetypes from another umbraco (version 7.6.3).

I followed this tutorial http://siempresolutions.co.uk/blog/UmbracoMembersProtectedAreaof_Website

and that went fine until I got to the public access bit. Because when I click on Public access I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Table '[db_name].CMSDOCUMENT' doesn't exist

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Table 'CMSDOCUMENT' doesn't exist]
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() +306
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) +67
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) +17
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) +110
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +772
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +1497
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader() +6

The table exist, but it's called cmsDocument - Does that matter?

Please help!

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 11:27
    Steve Morgan

Hi Anette,

Are you using MySQL or a MSSQL DB?

Steve

Jan 24, 2018 @ 12:06
    Anette

Hi Steve,

I'm using MySQL.

Anette

Jan 24, 2018 @ 13:18
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

I've never really used MySql with Umbraco - I did just install a fresh copy (7.7.9) and this seemed to work fine.

Is your MySQL DB local on your Windows machine or are you trying to use a DB on a UNIX / Linux server? That would cause case insensitivity issues I believe?!

Steve

Jan 24, 2018 @ 13:53
    Anette

Hi,

It is on a hosted server (https://www.unoeuro.com/) and I can't really find any info on what operating system it is on...

Anette

Jan 25, 2018 @ 08:27
    Anette

Hi again,

I found that the database is on a Percona Server...

I tried to rename the table to all caps, but then my pages in backend won't load...

So what to do now?

Anette

Jan 25, 2018 @ 08:59
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

So it definitely sounds like it's due to the MySQL case sensitivity when installed on Linux. I'm afraid you're probably quite an edge case - there was a bug on this: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1632

The only thing I can think of trying is to create an alias of the table name in UPPERCASE to the camel case version. So rename it back to cmsDocument so 99% of Umbraco works again and then try and run on a MYSQL query:

CREATE VIEW CMSDOCUMENT AS
    SELECT * FROM cmdDocument

That should give you a readonly view on this table to match whatever code is blowing up.

If that doesn't work then there are only two other options I think you can do.

1) Try to find the bug in the Umbraco source and then patch your own fix (I did a very quick search in the latest codebase and can't find any references to CMSDOCUMENT in uppercase though) 2) Move host!

I hope the view alias thing works!

Steve

Jan 25, 2018 @ 10:28
    Anette

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for the help - at first I didn't think that the view thing worked, but it did! I had to make one for UMBRACONODE also, but now it works!

I was very afraid that I had to start all over again with a new database.

Anette

Jan 25, 2018 @ 11:24
    Steve Morgan

Cool - glad it worked!

Let's hope you don't find any other gremlins!

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft