Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simone Chiaretta 134 posts 541 karma points c-trib
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 12:36
    Simone Chiaretta

Migrating Nested Content to 7.7

Hi,

I'm upgrading a project that is running on an older version of Umbraco and I was using Nested Content from the 3rd party package. Now that Umbraco 7.7 ships with a "core" version of Nested Content what is the best way to migrate?

• shall I just change property editor in my data types?
    • or shall I upgrade the nuget package of our.umbraco.nestedcontent to the latest version and keep it as external assembly?

Thx Simone

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 13:31
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Simone,

By changing the property-editor in your data-types will wipe out the prevalue data for that data-type - this is by design in Umbraco core - as typically changing a property-editor wouldn't have the same required prevalues, I digress.

Ultimately the main difference between the package and Umbraco core version is the property-editor alias, so if you wanted to brave a direct SQL update, you could try this...

UPDATE
        cmsDataType
    SET
        propertyEditorAlias = 'Umbraco.NestedContent'
    WHERE
        propertyEditorAlias = 'Our.Umbraco.NestedContent'
    ;

Of course, usual database backups apply, etc.

I'd posted that SQL statement on another topic, a while back; https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/87233-umbraco-v77-questions#comment-277438

Once it's swapped over, you're okay to remove the package version of NC (DLL and App_Plugins files).

Cheers,
    - Lee

• Simone Chiaretta 134 posts 541 karma points c-trib
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 13:44
    Simone Chiaretta

Thx...

easier than I thought :)

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    May 14, 2019 @ 03:15
    Jamie Attwood

Thanks for this Lee, renaming worked. Just ran into this with an upgrade from the mid-7 range. Note that you need to also touch the web.config file as well (or at least I did) to close the loop.

Jamie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft