Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nigel Brown 16 posts 36 karma points
    Jan 26, 2018 @ 22:47
    Nigel Brown

How to stop Umbraco 7.7.7, /install folder re-directing to Umbraco Back office after install

I have changed the default "/umbraco" folder to a random path in order to stop people guessing the back office url.

However what I didn't know was that if you browse to /install it will re-direct to the new back office login path. I am not sure how to disable this feature. I have removed the entries in the reserved paths/urls so possibly I could create a page called install but I don't think this is fixing the issue.

The install folder has been removed from the

Any thoughts on how this /install issue can be secured would be welcomed. thankyou.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 26, 2018 @ 22:52
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Nigel,

A way where you can change the Url to the backoffice could be by doing something like this by using a re-write rule.

<rewrite>
            <rules>
                <!-- Restrict access to Umbraco -->
                <rule name="Restrict access" stopProcessing="true">
                    <match url="umbraco(?!/Surface/)(?!/Api/)(?!/api/)(?!/webservices/)" />
                    <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAny" trackAllCaptures="false">
                        <add input="{HTTP_HOST}" pattern="(([^.]+)\.)?admin.example\.com" negate="true" />
                    </conditions>
                    <action type="Redirect" url="/not-found/" appendQueryString="false" />
                </rule>
            </rules>
        </rewrite>

Hope this could be a solution for you?

Best,

/Dennis

• Nigel Brown 16 posts 36 karma points
    Jan 29, 2018 @ 12:10
    Nigel Brown

thanks for the reply Denis, I will take a look at this.

Ideally it would be better I think if once you install Umbraco the /install feature is no longer present.

thanks again, I will let you know how this goes.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft