Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Jan 29, 2018 @ 19:25
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Update v 7.5.4 to 7.7.9 failed

Hi all,

when I upgrade my UmbracoCms.Core package from my website project, I get following exception:

Update-Package : An error occurred while applying transformation to 'web.config' in project 'UwLuxe.Web' No element in the source document matches '/configuration/*[1]'
    At line:1 char:1
    + Update-Package UmbracoCms.Core
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Update-Package], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PackageManagement.PowerShellCmdlets.UpdatePackageCommand

Any ideas?

My UI project upgrade of UmbracoCms was executed without any errors.

/Michaël

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2018 @ 00:05
    Paul Sterling

Michaël -

Looks like a script in the package is expecting there to be a <configuration> element in the project's web.config. Can you verify the first lines of the web.config file in project using UmbracoCms.Core look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>

-Paul

Jan 30, 2018 @ 07:50
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Paul,

in my .Web project there was no web.config file. During the update it has created a new web.config while which only contains parts of the ImageProcessor.

After a second try with the update it still gives me the same error.

This project only contains Controllers / Models / Extension methods / ..., should this project then have a web.config also?

If so, is there a way to render the correct web.config for this project?

Thanks for the help!

/Michaël

Jan 30, 2018 @ 15:47
    Paul Sterling

Hi Michael -

Could it be you have a transform file in the project you are trying to update using UmbracoCms.Core? Something like web.development.xdt.config ? I took a quick glance at the ps script that's included in the nuget package and I don't see any configuration transform happening.

Otherwise, could it be you are using the UmbracoCms nuget rather than the UmbracoCms.Core nuget? That package does include scripts that transform the web.config - and thus will likely fail if there is not a web.config file present.

Jan 30, 2018 @ 19:04
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Paul,

No transform file in the project.

My command I use is update-package umbracocms.core.

I have removed the web.config file and retried, again following web.config is created and I get the error again also.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
      <system.web>
        <httpRuntime fcnMode="Single" />
        <httpModules>
          <add name="ImageProcessorModule" type="ImageProcessor.Web.HttpModules.ImageProcessingModule, ImageProcessor.Web" />
        </httpModules>
      </system.web>
      <system.webServer>
        <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
        <modules>
          <add name="ImageProcessorModule" type="ImageProcessor.Web.HttpModules.ImageProcessingModule, ImageProcessor.Web" />
        </modules>
      </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

/Michaël

Jan 31, 2018 @ 17:28
    Paul Sterling

Hi Michaël -

Sounds like it may be an issue with the ps script in the nuget package then...you might consider extracting the script from the package and running it directly in a VS powershell window. That way you'll be able to see which line throws the exception and, possibly, that will make the solution more obvious.

Otherwise, perhaps create a new project, install UmbracoCms.Core, then pull in your code - as I believe you mentioned it is just code files. If that resolves it it'll save you tracking down some exotic environment issue - unless you love that sort of thing of course.

Hope that helps.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft