Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sukhwinder 6 posts 87 karma points
    Feb 06, 2018 @ 07:25
    Sukhwinder

Deadlock problem while updating properties of nodes

I have 1000 nodes in my project and i need to update some of the properties of all nodes. while updating nodes i faced deadlock and some time memory out of bound exception

Here is the sample how i update single node in loop.

int id = fetchNodes.Id; var contentService = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.ContentService; var doc = contentService.GetById(id); if (colbrandID != null && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(ID.ToString()))
    doc.SetValue("id", ID.ToString());

if (Name != null && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(Name.ToString()))
                                        doc.SetValue("name", Name.ToString());

contentService.SaveAndPublishWithStatus(doc);

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 06, 2018 @ 14:39
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Sukhwinder

You don't need to instantiate contentService in a loop, move this line out of the loop:

var contentService = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.ContentService;

Can you show all the code you have?

Alex

• Ivan Ponomarenko 20 posts 105 karma points
    Feb 06, 2018 @ 15:08
    Ivan Ponomarenko

Hi Sukhwinder,

In my case, when I needed to change a lot of content, I used overload of SaveAndPublishWithStatus method:

ContentService.SaveAndPublishWithStatus(content, raiseEvents: false, userId: UmbracoUser.Id);

Parameter raiseEvents - is optional boolean indicating whether or not to raise events. So if you do not subscribe on save events set it to false.

Try it, maybe it helps you.

Feb 06, 2018 @ 15:08
    Sukhwinder

Hi Alex, Here is my code . I fetching data from a excel and update to nodes

umbraco.NodeFactory.Node nodeC = new umbraco.NodeFactory.Node(nodeNum); for (int rowNumber = startRow + 1; rowNumber <= currentWorksheet.Dimension.End.Row; rowNumber++) // read each row from the start of the data (start row + 1 header row) to the end of the spreadsheet. { //hotelid object colHotelID = currentWorksheet.Cells[rowNumber, 1].Value;

object colbrandName = currentWorksheet.Cells[rowNumber, 3].Value != null && currentWorksheet.Cells[rowNumber, 3].Value.ToString() != "" ? currentWorksheet.Cells[rowNumber, 3].Value : "NA";

var fetchNodes = nodeC.ChildrenAsList.Where(x => x.GetProperty("ID") != null && x.GetProperty("ID").Value.ToString() == colHotelID.ToString()).FirstOrDefault();
                                //int id = childNode.Id;
                                if (fetchNodes != null)
                                {
                                    string amexID = (fetchNodes.GetProperty("ID").Value).ToString();
                                    int id = fetchNodes.Id;
                                    var contentService = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.ContentService;
                                    var doc = contentService.GetById(id);

if (colbrandName != null && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(colbrandName.ToString()))
                                        doc.SetValue("brandname", colbrandName.ToString());

contentService.SaveAndPublishWithStatus(doc);
                                    count += 1;
                                }
                            }//end of excel; loop
                        } 

Feb 06, 2018 @ 15:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Sukhwinder

Please, follow the suggestion from Ivan, what version of Umbraco are you using?

Alex

Feb 06, 2018 @ 15:38
    Sukhwinder

Thanks Alex and Ivan . I used 7.4.3 version of Umbraco. I will follow both the suggestions and notify u people what results i will get.

Feb 06, 2018 @ 22:06
    Alex Skrypnyk

Also, do not use "umbraco.NodeFactory.Node" class, it's deprecated, use IPublishedContent instead - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/reference/querying/ipublishedcontent

Feb 07, 2018 @ 09:00
    Sukhwinder

Thanks Alex and Ivan your suggestions worked and now i able to update all 1000 nodes at once without any problem. If anyone face same problem please follow both suggestions of Alex and Ivan.

• Ivan Ponomarenko 20 posts 105 karma points
    Feb 07, 2018 @ 10:38
    Ivan Ponomarenko

Cool, we are glad to help you :)

Be well!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft