Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Edgar Rasquin 326 posts 925 karma points
    Feb 07, 2018 @ 14:56
    Edgar Rasquin

Error in ContentType related to "Nested Content"The error that occurs is the following:The error that occurs is the following:

Hi there,

Some of my DokumentTypes related to "Nested Content" Property Editor do not work any more:

The error that occurs is the following:

Received an error from the server

An error occured

Mapping types: ContentType -> IEnumerable1 Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentType -> System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.PropertyGroupDisplay`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.PropertyTypeDisplay, umbraco, Version=1.0.6582.14892, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]], umbraco, Version=1.0.6582.14892, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] Destination path: DocumentTypeDisplay.Groups.Groups Source value: Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentType

Problem is, that I cannot delete the broken DokumentTypes so that I could rebuild them.

I ran into this problem after exporting an existing project with TortoiseSVN in file system. Maybe something got lost doing this?

Any ideas?

**Version: Umbraco version 7.7.8 assembly: 1.0.6582.14881

** I than upgraded to Umbraco version 7.7.8 assembly: 1.0.6582.14881 thinking the error could relate to a Nuget failure and hoping this would fix it. Unfortunately it did not :(

*Edit: Inner Exception System.InvalidOperationException: No property editor could be resolved with the alias: Our.Umbraco.NestedContent, ensure all packages are installed correctly.

??? Since NestedContent is integrated I have not installed the package!

Feb 07, 2018 @ 15:49
    Edgar Rasquin

Another error occurs trying to upgrade to 7.8.0 with nuget:

Error: ...\packages\UmbracoCms.7.8.0\tools\install.ps1 could not be loaded because scripts are deactivated on this system

I already tried to give permission with powershell but there are no restrictions.

Any ideas?

Feb 07, 2018 @ 16:01
    Edgar Rasquin

I tried to export the broken DokumentType and compared it with a working one that as well used Nested content.

In the .udt there is the following difference:

Working:

<Type>Umbraco.NestedContent</Type>

Broken:

<Type>Our.Umbraco.NestedContent</Type>

Is there a way of changing that manually? Where are the settings stored?

Feb 07, 2018 @ 16:25
    Edgar Rasquin

I found the answer:

In Visual Studio there where, for some reason, no Relations to Terratype and Nested Content.

After searching in Nuget and adding/overriding them all works fine now.

• Nik 1608 posts 7234 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 07, 2018 @ 18:16
    Nik

Hi Edgar,

I don't have it to hand, but I believe there is a script you can run that will convert your Nested Content types that are from the Package Nested Content to the Core versions (that is the reason for the different types).

The two types have different type descriptions as an means to stop old sites breaking when they are upgraded which is why you had to have the packages installed for it to work :-) Pleased to hear you managed to get it working.

Nik

Feb 08, 2018 @ 12:51
    Edgar Rasquin

Hi Nik,

thanks for your reply.

I had the same issue with Terratype. Is this due to the same cause?

• Nik 1608 posts 7234 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 08, 2018 @ 13:34
    Nik

It wouldn't be the same issue no. TerraType is not part of the core so that wouldn't be the same sort of issue.

However, from what you've said in your previous posts it would appear to me that the TerraType nuget wasn't installed properly so when you re-installed it and got it to override everything it resolved the issue for you :-)

Feb 08, 2018 @ 13:48
    Edgar Rasquin

Thanks Nik for explaining!

Have a nice day

• Jonathon Cove 9 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 01, 2024 @ 08:32
    Jonathon Cove

In my case, I had to install Our.Umbraco.NestedContent , I had no idea it was even an external package in v7 , thanks to this thread

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft