Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Zweben 266 posts 750 karma points
    Feb 10, 2018 @ 14:48
    David Zweben

Multilingual site where language strucures stay in sync?

Hi,

I have a website to build that will be in a handful of different languages. We want to build it so that the structure is shared (or possibly synced) between the different languages, and so that the translated pages inherit their non-text content (e.g. images and settings) from the English pages. We don't want to rely on 3rd party plugins like Vorto, but extending Umbraco with custom development is a possibility.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to implement something like Variants in v8, on v7.

Does anyone have suggestions or thoughts on a good way to achieve this? Random thoughts and ideas welcome.

Thanks,
    David

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 10, 2018 @ 17:12
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

The Translation Manager package has this feature (disclaimer: i wrote it, and it's not free for sites with more than two languages). In that when you create a node on your master site - the content will be created (and related) on your other language sites ready for translation so when you do translations things are kept in sync.

You can do this yourself without using translation manager - the basics of this are you subscribe to the content service events, and when new content is created on the master site, you create it on the other language sites and create the relationship (in the relation service) so that the 1-1 relationship between your content is maintained.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft