Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alistair Jenkins 92 posts 315 karma points
    Feb 16, 2018 @ 10:21
    Alistair Jenkins

Installer doesn't fire after NuGet upgrade.

Hi,

I have cloned a website by doing a clean install of Umbraco in VS using NuGet using the version of Umbraco that my original site was using (7.6.3), then copying over the site specific files. There were some teething problems but it is up and running now.

So then I tried an update to the newest version of Umbraco (7.8.1) using NuGet and everything seemed to go fine. However, when I start up the site I don't get the installer and when I log in to the back end it says it is still version 7.6.3. When I go into NuGet Package Manager it says that I have 7.8.1 installed. As far as I understand it this is because the installer didn't run and update the version number in the config file and copy changes to the database. Can I kick off the installer manually?

The only thing I did during the upgrade which might have been a mistake was to say no when it asking if I wanted to overwrite umbracoSettings.config. Would that explain this?

Thanks for any help, Alistair

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Feb 16, 2018 @ 10:44
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

What version does it say in your web.config

It used to be the case you could just modify this back down and then the installer would run and update the db.

Worth a try?

Steve

Feb 16, 2018 @ 10:49
    Alistair Jenkins

Hi Steve,

I had read about this when people were doing a manual install but wasn't sure if I should try it here. Anyway, I've given it a go now (web.config was showing version as 7.6.3 so I changed that to 7.6.2) and now I just get a black screen at this url:

http://localhost:58240/umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2finstall%2f%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252flocalhost%253a58240%252fdefault.aspx#/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2Finstall%2F%3Fredir%3Dtrue%26url%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252flocalhost%253a58240%252fdefault.aspx

Cheers, Alistair

Feb 16, 2018 @ 11:39
    Alistair Jenkins

After looking this up elsewhere checked console errors and I had this:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined  DependencyHandler.ax...ipt&cdv=805318896:8 

Tried deleting the contents of AppData\TEMP\ClientDependency, then increasing the version number in ClientDependency.config and finally recycling the app pool, but that didn't help.

Also found that a number of files hadn't been included in the solution after the update so trekked through the file tree and included everything, then built the solution again. That didn't help either.

Also tried changing the compilation debug setting in web.config to true, but that didn't help.

However, the console error now reads:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined   angular.min.js?cdv=32341350:63

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft