Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mma 11 posts 100 karma points
    Feb 16, 2018 @ 14:10
    mma

Hi, I'm new here, and I know practically nothing about Umbraco and about web developing in general. I'm just trying to complete the tours at Help/Tours (Getting Started). I've completed the first 2 tours, but the third (Create Content) ends in step 3 (Open context menu) stops always with the following error:

Oh, we got lost! We lost the next step Create Home page and don't know where to go.

Please go back and start the tour again.

So, I cant' complete Tour 3, and so all the rest tours remain unavailable for me. Could somebody help me to fix this issue?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2018 @ 09:24
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi mma,

If you try to refresh the browser does it still happen ?

If so...do you see any javascript errors in the console ?

Dave

Feb 17, 2018 @ 09:57
    mma

Hi Dave,

Yes this error comes also after the browser's refresh, and no javascript error displayed. However, in the error log I have an item with timestamp 13-02-2018 19:26:40 and with this content:

Message: Can't create the update marker at C:\inetpub\temp\DWASFiles\Sites\6e81e79a-7a1a-4379-8bc8-990e288313b5\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\App_Data\TEMP\formsupdate

Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\inetpub\temp\DWASFiles\Sites\6e81e79a-7a1a-4379-8bc8-990e288313b5\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\AppData\TEMP\formsupdate'. at System.IO.Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITYATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents) at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Installer.InstallHelper.SetUpdatedMarker()

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2018 @ 12:15
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi

C:\inetpub\temp\DWASFiles\Sites\6e81e79a-7a1a-4379-8bc8-990e288313b5\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\App_Data\TEMP\formsupdate

Are you running on Azure or Umbraco Cloud ?

It seems there is something nog happening correctly in the Umbraco Forms update.

Dave

Feb 17, 2018 @ 17:41
    mma

This is the "Live" workspace of Umbraco's 14 days trial version. I think it's on the Umbraco Cloud. The URL is https://mmas-patient-lion.s1.umbraco.io/

Feb 20, 2018 @ 14:49
    mma

Here is how to fix this error. This checkbox should be checked before starting Tour 3:

enter image description here

• ServantCoder 10 posts 121 karma points
    Mar 03, 2018 @ 05:46
    ServantCoder

I was getting quite frustrated that I couldn't make it through the first tutorials.

From one newbie to another ... thanks for the easy fix!

• Gerard 3 posts 74 karma points
    Mar 03, 2018 @ 19:19
    Gerard

This issue is obviously not caused by the hosting environment. I ran into it just now the same way the issuer did and had some hard time figuring out where the check-mark should go. A red circle around the 'Permissions' button in the right top would be useful for noobs like me.

Great work by the way. Keep it up! H5YR

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft