Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin 9 posts 79 karma points
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 17:01
    Martin

Umbraco 7.8.1 restarts and recompiles on each document change

Each time we add a new document-type we reach compilation limit, regardless of how many propertys we add.

Following up it also happens when data types are updated och saved.

This appears in The Umbracolog, nothing else about any error: INFO Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - Application shutdown. Details: MaxRecompilationsReached

_shutDownMessage=Recompilation limit of 50 reached HostingEnvironment initiated shutdown HostingEnvironment caused shutdown

In App_Data/Models the generated and all models.cs both receive a new timestamp. That is something i only see in the development environment on codechange. There is also a all.dll.path-file and a models.hash that gets updated, the .path-file is not always generated at all in the development environment and i dont understand it, is it a normal part of the models builder?

The restarts also seems to trigger a complete recompilation of all views (codechange?), which would explain the updated timestamps above. Reaching compilation limit on our previous install (7.4.3) only recycled the app pool with a much quicker restart.

We're running modelsbuilder in pure-live mode, no errors reporting. We have duplicated everything in the dev-environment except the same DB and not experiencing this.

Any ideas on what is causing this and possible solutions?

Addition: Switching Modelsbuilder to Dll-mode stopped the restarts and recompilations from occuring, however purelive models are useful to me so if anyone has any ideas on what the cause could be i would very much appreciate it.

• Bendik Engebretsen 105 posts 202 karma points
    May 03, 2018 @ 11:08
    Bendik Engebretsen

We are also experiencing this problem: every 15-60 minutes during normal website traffic, the Umbraco application is shut down and restarted with the message "_shutDownMessage=Recompilation limit of 50 reached". We are running Umbraco v7.7.7

Have you found out anything more about this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft