• Ilias 11 posts 81 karma points
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 12:39
    Ilias

Change the content of a data type dynamically

Inside my Razor file I am using:

<div>
        @Umbraco.Field("myText")
    </div>

as to get and display the content of myText property. The actual content of myText which is a Textstring, is:

Hello <a href="/main/somefile"> man </a>

I want , somehow, to change on the fly, the content of href by adding a string parameter when calling myText from Razor. Is that possible and how?

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 12:55
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Illias,

can you be more specific of what you are trying to do? Because its not totally clear about what you are asking.

Is the url a link to a media file in Umbraco? If so then you can use media pickers to pick a file from the media section and render the url into the razor code.

/Michaël

Feb 26, 2018 @ 13:13
    Ilias

I have a landing page with different URL source codes. Depending on the source code, the above razor file has to choose a different path as the destination of "man" hyperlink. So, my point is how to change dynamically the path of href. Does that make sense or you need some more clarification? Thank you

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 13:17
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Illias,

by source code you mean template I guess? Do you have some printscreens about your setup?

/Michaël

Feb 26, 2018 @ 14:03
    Ilias

Okay, do not get confused with source code. I just want to change the href path by code. In that case, the content in Umbraco should include a variable, something like

Hello <a href="myPath"> man </a>

and the value of myPath should be defined on code. As simple as that.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft