Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pies90 4 posts 95 karma points
    Feb 27, 2018 @ 17:41
    pies90

Hi,

The standard "Properties" tab on each of my content nodes has disappeared.

I have recently installed the Perplex Security package, so tried uninstalling it but it hasn't made a difference and the Properties tab has not reappeared.

I can still see the data for Create Date, Publish On etc in the database.

I can't think why else it has disappeared and can't seem to find any similar issues, please help!

TIA

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 28, 2018 @ 09:01
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Pies

What version of Umbraco are you using?

Latest Umbraco doesn't have "Properties" tab, "Info" tab there instead.

/Alex

Feb 28, 2018 @ 09:32
    pies90

Hi Alex,

The Properties tab had always been there and was working fine.

I was using 7.8, I tried upgrading to 7.9 to see if it would help but it didn't.

I have also tried:

• Restarting the app pool
    • Republishing the entire site
    • "touching" the web.config

Since it has disappeared this also means I can't save or publish any nodes because the missing properties tab causes a javascript error.

Feb 28, 2018 @ 09:57
    Alex Skrypnyk

It's really strange issue, so did you upgrade the solution to the latest?

Feb 28, 2018 @ 10:25
    pies90

Weirdly, I tried again today and it seems to be resolved!

I also found the same issue here

Feb 28, 2018 @ 11:41
    Alex Skrypnyk

It looks like an issue, do you have an idea what is the reason?

Feb 28, 2018 @ 14:11
    pies90

I have no idea what caused it. Reinstalling Umbraco fixed it.

• Paul Bowen 11 posts 76 karma points
    Mar 07, 2018 @ 02:12
    Paul Bowen

Hi,

Is there any more news on this? I have the same problem updating from 7.7.6 to 7.9.2. Everything seems fine but there is no "Info" tab (or properties of course).

What process/method generates that change? Perhaps I can look to ensure I have the right code/file that initiates the migration? Or could there be a log entry I can look for somewhere?

I can't easily uninstall/reinstall Umbraco so I can't try that workaround. I'm going to have to roll back my code and DB until there is solution to this. Any help hugely appreciated.

Cheers, Paul

• Remi Martel 32 posts 104 karma points
    Mar 13, 2018 @ 13:04
    Remi Martel

Same thing here, I got this problem twice and reinstalling fixed it, but this time it is not an option for me anymore to wipe and reinstall. It would be great for this problem to get fixed

• Remi Martel 32 posts 104 karma points
    Mar 21, 2018 @ 19:47
    Remi Martel

I fixed my issue. Basically, something was corrupt somewhere. So far, the solution I have is to re-run the nugget commands

Update-Package umbracocms.core –reinstall

Update-Package umbracocms –reinstall

Update-Package umbraco.modelsbuilder –reinstall

Take note that this will mess up your Web.config and Global.asax, so make a backup

Mar 22, 2018 @ 09:15
    Alex Skrypnyk

Thanks for sharing with community! #h5yr!

• Adam Wilks 9 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 24, 2018 @ 12:25
    Adam Wilks

I have just encountered this same problem while testing an upgrade from version 7.7.4 to 7.12.3. The properties tab is not displayed (as per change in 7.7.8) but the new info tab is also missing.

Have tried reinstalling the nuget packages as those before me but this has not resolved the issue.

It looks as though the tab is not being returned from the back end API method call to /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/GetById?id=XXX however I am not familiar with the Umbraco code base at all and am currently exploring it to figure out what is going on.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for where this API endpoint is implemented in the back end, or offer some suggestions for things to try?

Thanks.

Edit: From stepping through the code I'm beginning to think the info tab isn't actually a tab (property group) in the same way as the others. Would really appreciate some insight from the developers.

Edit: Confirmed, the info tab is added by the UI:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/release-7.12.3/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/common/directives/components/content/edit.controller.js#L47

Oct 25, 2018 @ 08:40
    Adam Wilks

Further to my last comment, it appears that the code responsible for appending the info tab lives in an Angular directive (edit.controller.js). As far as I can tell the Umbraco directives are all compiled down into a single umbraco.directives.js file during the build and that file is then shipped with the nuget package.

In my case when inspecting that file in our web app solution after updating the nuget package it does not appear to have been updated, so we still have the 7.7.4 version of the directives file which is obviously missing the line of code which adds the info tab.

We have no choice but to try and resolve this as we require some fixes from 7.10.4 so I am working through the issue and will update when I have more detail. Any feedback appreciated, however.

Oct 25, 2018 @ 09:39
    Adam Wilks

I've managed to get to the bottom of this now... it turns out that the nuget package contains an install.ps1 script which is responsible for copying the javascript files from the NuGet package directory into the project structure. This may be a problem for anyone using NuGet v3:

Since NuGet v3 was introduced install.ps1 scripts are no longer run.

There may also be other scenarios where the script is not run.

The solution was to manually run the install script from Package Manager Console in Visual Studio, as follows:

$project = Get-Project -Name [project name]

C:\[package path]\umbracocms\7.12.3\tools\install.ps1 "C:\[package path]\umbracocms\7.12.3" "C:\[package path]\umbracocms\7.12.3\tools" "" $project

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 10:02
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Adam,

If how can I check which version of nuget we are using ?

Because if this is really an issue it's better to raise so it can be fixed.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues

Dave

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 10:06
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Adam,

I just checked and VS2017 I have installed is using nuget version 4.8

I never had the problems you are describing.

Dave

Oct 25, 2018 @ 10:11
    Adam Wilks

Hi Dave,

I think this GitHub issue might be relevant with regards to the install.ps1 behavior and the new PackageReference way of managing things:

https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/6330

I thought about raising a github issue on the Umbraco-CMS repo but wasn't certain whether it was something the Umbraco team could actually fix. At the very least though I suppose it would be useful to add something in the release notes or upgrade guides.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft