Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Clancy 62 posts 131 karma points
    Mar 01, 2018 @ 11:38
    Chris Clancy

7.7.8 upgrade cached DLL

Hi, We have been having some issues with an upgrade from v7.5.7 to v7.7.8. Everything works fine locally after installing the upgrade in VS via Nuget Package console. The trouble occurs after a build on Azure, deployed via TeacmCity, which we use for several sites on the same config settings.

If I deploy to the Web App using TeamCity, one particular DLL reverts back to 7.5.7 (interfaces.dll). If I copy a local version from my bin folder the site runs normally. I can find no trace of the 7.5.7 version of interfaces.dll anywhere in the project locally but if I grab the Azure version after a build, it's there, in the bin folder. Is there anywhere that this might be cached or some way of forcing the project to use the v7.7.8 version? BTW we have also upgraded the BusinessLogic project to 7.7.8 to ensure no reference at all to old dlls.

• Jason Vickers 21 posts 115 karma points
    Mar 01, 2018 @ 13:52
    Jason Vickers

Not sure if this will help you, but when I have ran into this issue, the only workaround I found was to delete the "cached" DLL from the bin folder, then manually copy the correct version into it's place.

Mar 02, 2018 @ 09:22
    Chris Clancy

Do you mean delete the DLL in the /bin folder of the web app or is there somewhere else I should be looking at? What you are saying is my current workaround. I copy over the 7.7.8 version DLL and everything runs fine. But there is no trace of the 7.5.7 version in the solution so I'm thinking that maybeTeamCity is playing a part here somewhere. I'll have a dig around in the config.

Mar 02, 2018 @ 13:31
    Chris Clancy

This might be an Azure web app issue. I create a deployment slot (new web app) and used TeamCity to build on there and it looks like it has built everything correctly - I am actually reverting back to 7.5.7 for now. Aggressive Azure caching?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft