Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rishabh Sinha 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 01, 2018 @ 19:04
    Rishabh Sinha

How to create a Umbraco Gallery?

I just got introduced to Umbraco a few days ago and am working on a webpage for my company. I am familiar with the working of the content page, also i did add a few images which worked just fine.

My question is, can i club multiple images into a photo gallery? Does umbraco gives you an option to navigate through your gallery? I have seen multiple youtube tutorials and have gone through many forums, all i could take from that was, yes, it is possible using visual studio, by adding a number of different codes. I am not a web page developer, hence i don't know anything about codes.

Does umbraco gives you a pre set marco which i seem to be missing? Is there a different way? Please help me out!

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Mar 02, 2018 @ 08:38
    Claushingebjerg

To be brutally honest, if you have absolutely no web coding skills, html, css, javascript, razor, you're gonna get in trouble pretty fast. Umbraco is not a drag 'n drop cms. You'll need to get your hands dirty.

There are a number of gallery packages https://our.umbraco.org/search?q=gallery&cat=project

But in my experience you always need to adjust the markup to fit your needs.

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Mar 02, 2018 @ 09:09
    Steve Morgan

Hi Rishabh,

Claushingebjerg is right - but I think you'll manage it - it might be fun :)

Try following this thread - Paul Seal has an example in his starter kit. If you already have a project started start up a new project with his starter kit and cherry pick out the bits you need. It should just be a matter of copying some CSS, JS and then placing the razor script on your template if you can create the nested content.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/89398-creating-carousel-slider-in-umbraco

Have a go - if you get stuck post your razor and what it is you're trying to do and this community will help! Good luck

• Rishabh Sinha 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 02, 2018 @ 14:38
    Rishabh Sinha

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction! Really helps a lot.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft